Sunday, September 16, 2012

Dreaming

Okay. Going to try and not make as many typos as last time, but here’s the third dream I’ve had...

I was walking down a road, nothing else on it. All of the buildings were crumbling or on fire, and in front of me I could see people walking towards me. Then I saw myself, and behind me there were a lot of people following. I'm... not sure what they looked like, mostly blurred figures, but I could see a dagger poised just across my throat and some sort of animal, a beast, walking next to me.

And then there was this thing behind me, a shadow made of ash, eyes like burning coals. And then I was myself again, not caring about the being behind me, eyes forward.

We reached a crossroads and I looked out in front of me, expecting to see... something. I don't really remember what, but... this thing, this shape that kept changing into something... familiar. I can't put my finger on it, but it looked like something I knew. And... then this light, almost like glowing white water, was flowing into this shape... No, no, the shape was... devouring the light. And then it became the light, and turned the light into a man. Then there were more shapes behind this man, all changing...

Then I looked to my left to see a... King, I guess. He had a crown of knives on his forehead, and they seemed to be digging into his skull. Where this king stepped, these shapes, the ones with no definite form but surrounded by a white outline and rippling darkness, they seemed to spring out of the ground. They reached for him, trying to hang on as the king walked along. And in the king's hands he carried this gray key that is as big as my middle finger, and he was twirling it in his fingers.

And to my right was just a man, a man with no shape or form, no details to make him stand out, but he... stood out more than the others. And as he walked down the road it was collapsing, all of it gone, and then it wasn’t the shape of a man but… something else. Something wrong. It was something that was large but compacted into a form that you knew shouldn't be able to handle that, but it was also something tiny that filled the void. And everything was so... silent around it. You couldn't hear anything, not even the sound of the road being torn in several places.

I looked up and saw that this area was surrounded by some sort of... building. Like an observation post, I guess. On it, I could see several things, some of them I didn't really get a chance to look at but I could feel them there. The one that stood out the most was this... thing, something really tall and wearing a black trench coat zipped all the way up. It turned it's gaze on me and I felt like I was being analyzed, taken into account, and when it looked away I felt a sort of peace wash over me.

And then I was faced with the strange woman again, the woman in white, and she placed her hands on my face while looking into my eyes. And she whispered that saying again – “There’s something in your shadow.” – and suddenly the claws were tearing at my face as she screamed...

And that’s when I woke up.

Thing is... I found red marks on my face, almost like someone was scratching it... Did I do that? What is happening to me?

6 comments:

  1. Looks like there's no running from it, now. You're in way too deep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, hello cryptic comment! Long time, no see! Correct, I do not understand what you're talking about. Do I really care? Of course not!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He was in too deep from the beginning. That's how it goes with Them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd actually listen if I were you Vinny boy. I mean, if you looked at her blog and how she helped two strangers and a horse take on four armed men, you might question why she wishes to help you...

    OR you can read the badly hidden gray text in a couple of your posts and totally entertain me!

    Also, have you had sleep paralysis? I hear you can see some pretty freaky things that also leaves you with scratches.

    I sound helpful more than insane right now... Oh well, first chance you get, hug Viv. Than Sarah. The results will be interesting.

    ~INSANITY

    ReplyDelete
  5. What are you talking about? There is no "badly hidden grey text" on my posts.

    Sleep paralysis sounds a bit likely, actually. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... Interesting.

    I'm going to be following you closely. Now to return to viewing random blogs that I can cause drama in.

    ~INSANITY

    ReplyDelete