Monday, September 10, 2012

Why am I up this early…?

Just had a really weird dream.. I was following some lady in white down a corridor and she was showing me different doorways. In these doorways there were people in them and doing things at different points of their life.

Then I came upon a door I felt I knew, and... I'm pretty sure it was my own. When I was looking in it, I saw myself from last year laying on my bed and crying. A lot.

I remember that day. It was around this time of year, actually, and I had just gotten home from school. My parents were waiting for me, my mom looking like she had been weeping for hours. My dad... he didn't have any expression on his face, just stared at me.

And I noticed something wrong then; usually my dog, Brady, would run up to me and get between my legs, barking happily and just wanting someone to scratch his cute little beagle ears. He didn't that day, and I guess my confusion must have shown on my face because my dad said that Brady wasn't in the house.

I asked him why, because Brady was never an outside dog.

And... my dad bluntly said that my dog was dead.

Thoughts were racing through my mind, trying to rationalize how this must have happened. I thought that maybe Brady had gotten out and accidentally got hit by a car or something, but... that's not what happened. At all.

My dad said that Brady had been getting sick every few months and it was becoming a hassle to pay for treatment, too much going out of things that could be spent on groceries or the house payment. So, dad had my dog put down.

I... to hear that your own father could kill one of your only friends, one who stuck by your side.. just... I never forgave him for that.

..

The door closed and the lady in white led me away from there, to a cliff. As the sun started to rise, I could see down below me several fires starting, the smoke rising into the air. And I saw things moving down there, but I can't really remember what they really looked like. I just know they looked... wrong, like they had their outlines shifting every few moments.

And this lady, the one who had these weird eyes, kind of gave me a look. I don't know how to explain it, really, but it was unsettling. And she started to speak, but not to me. She said "It's happening again," and... after that I woke up.

No comments:

Post a Comment