Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Phonecall

Call from Sarah; recorded most of it with an app on my phone.

S: “Vincent?”
V: “Who is this?”
S: “Sarah.”
V: “... How’d you get my number?”
S: “You gave it to Lois, who gave it to me... And that wasn't easy.”
V: “Oh.”
S: “Yeah.”
V: “Look, if you’re going to tell me to take down the blog again-“
S: “I’m not here to do that. It won't... It won't stop anything.”
V: “… Right. So… why did you call me?”
S: “I just... There's something going on, Vincent, and I have this bad feeling...”
V: “About?”
S: “Just the things you’ve done. I can't help but feel that something terrible is about to happen, all because of what you posted--”
V: “Is that a threat?”
S: “What? No, no, I'm not trying to sound threatening. It's just... You need to be careful.”
V: “Well, that goes for you, too.”
S: “… Vincent, do you know what Lois is going through right now?”
V: “I don’t care.”
S: “I think you do. You want to hear what you’ve done to her?”
V: “Ruined her life?”
S: “I wouldn't go so far as to say that, but you’ve made it a living Hell for her. She keeps getting calls from people she doesn’t know, messages calling her a whore and saying she needs to go to Hell, just a lot of bad stuff that adds on to the stress of what she’s going through. Stress she doesn’t need right now, Vincent. She’s due later this month.”
V: “Tell her to turn her phone off, then."
S: “Vincent... Please, just listen."
V: “Okay.”
S: “Will you apologize to her?”
V: “What good will that do? Apologizing does nothing if the other person doesn’t mean it.”
S: “Maybe for you, but it’ll mean something to her.”
V: “She never apologized to me.”
S: “You need to let it go, Vincent. Keeping that kind of hate within you only brings bad things.”
V: “Spare me the religious crap. God’s not going to punish me.”
S: “That’s not what I was going to—“
V: “I’m done talking to you, Sarah. I’ll see you at school.”

And that’s the end of that.

I know things will probably get worse for me because I’ve attracted the attention of almost everyone in school. But it’s not like making this blog is the domino effect that eventually leads to a horrible life. It doesn’t work like that.

And Lois, if you’re reading this... do know that I truly am not sorry. Now have your friends stop bothering me, because it’s getting old.

No comments:

Post a Comment